It may be weeks from now, but this is the right opportunity to plan (or save up) for your Valentine’s Day gift either for a SO, friend, family member, or anyone you want to express your love. But what would be better than the traditional flowers or chocolates? Do-It-Yourself aka DIY, of course.
Not only it’s budget-friendly, the effort you spend making it is already an expression of love.
Look no further because Asia’s Popstar Royalty, Sarah Geronimo, who is into baking herself shares an easy recipe for a sweet treat perfect for the coming sweet day—Brownie Gift Jars!
1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
Any toppings of choice:
– cookies, pretzels, chocolates
– melted Peanut butter (prepared in a piping bag)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
2. Prepare jars that will be used
3. Combine melted butter, oil, and sugars together in your Hanabishi mixer. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in color (another minute).
4. Combine sifted flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so will affect the texture of your brownies).
5. Pour batter into jars and cook in a water bath (pan filled with water until 1/4 of the jar)
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes for just under-done brownies (fudgier texture) or until the center of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch.
7. Once cooled, add toppings and put ribbons for a special touch.
Watch how the Popstar Royalty bakes it herself:
For more updates about Asia’s Popstar Royalty and other Viva artists, follow Viva Entertainment on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Check out other stories about Sarah Geronimo